Wessex Strategic, is committed to a policy of respecting and protecting the rights and privacy of all individuals.
This statement describes how Wessex Strategic collects and uses personal information about people who engage with our company and/or visit our website. The terms of this statement may change, so please check it from time to time. If you have any queries about this privacy statement, please contact us.
1. General privacy information
All personal data is collected and processed in accordance with UK legislation, including the Data Protection Act 1998, General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR 2018) and Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations (PECR).
To help you understand how this legislation protects you, good information and advice is available on the Information Commissioners Office website.
2. Our legal basis for using your information
We hold your personal data under the following lawful bases:
- Where you have consented to us using your personal information
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interest – to best provide you with the service you have requested
- We primarily collect data in relation to the relationship we have with individual clients. In the work that we do with our clients, Wessex Strategic gathers personal data; to deliver and enhance our service quality; help us to tailor our services and resource allocation.
- We want every interaction people have with Wessex Strategic to be positive. In all areas of our work, we are committed to protecting your personal information, being open about what information we hold, ensuring that we only gather information as necessary and retaining it only for as long as we need to.
The policy applies to how Wessex Strategic collects and uses personal information you provide to us and that we collect, whether online, via phone, email, in letters or in any other correspondence or from third parties.
3. What information do we collect and how do we use it?
Wessex Strategic collects information in the following ways:
- Information you give us: When you sign up for a service, engage with our social media, fill in an expression of interes form, or otherwise provide us with personal information. When you register, we’ll ask for personal information, such as your name, email address and telephone number to store in our records.
- Information from third parties: We may receive information about you from third parties and from the public domain. This may include information such as your name, postal address, email address, phone number, your geographic location. We, like all companies, are able to confirm what browser you are using, IP address and computer operating systems that are being used and this information may be used to improve the services we offer. We do not buy, sell or swap data with third parties.
4. Sensitive personal data
We will not collect sensitive personal data about clients.
5. Your rights
We hold data to enable us to update people with news and information about:
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to keep hearing from us. You can change your marketing preferences and you also have the choice to unsubscribe to any direct communication that we send you. This feature is included in mailings (if sent).
At any time you have the right to request and view your personal data held by Wessex Strategic. Your rights also include:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to be forgotten (data erasure)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
6. How you can access and update your information?
The accuracy of your information is important to us and you have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.
Please contact us [email protected] if you would like to exercise any of the above rights.
7. Third party service providers
In order to carry out some of the activities listed in ‘How do we use this information?’, we may share information with service providers, agents and associated organisations. When we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure.
We may also need to disclose your information if required by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or if we have your permission to do so.
Our websites may include links to websites run by other organisations. Wessex Strategic is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites so you should read their privacy policies carefully.
8. Security precautions
Data security is of great importance to Wessex Strategic and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected.
If password access is required for certain services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We endeavour to protect your personal data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to the website.
We will inform you if a breach occurs and that we consider your data exposure to be a risk to you and your rights.
9. Retention of information
We only hold your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we collected your information.
We have a retention policy which lays down timescales for the retention of information. Customer data retention periods can be found below:
- Client Dataset: Name, contact details and and other information (including sensitive data) relevant to the support of the client. may be retained for up to seven years after last contact
If you chose to send us information via email, we cannot guarantee the security of such information until it is delivered to us.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Our Website may place analytical/performance cookies, which allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser and delete Cookies at any time.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help provided by your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting privacy settings.
11. Links to other websites
You may contact Wessex Strategic by email.
14. Definitions and Interpretation
- Data: collectively all personal information that you submit to Wessex Strategic. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR (2018).
- Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause above (Cookies);
- UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
- User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Wessex Strategic and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Wessex Strategic and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
- Website: the Website that you are currently using, http://www.wessexstrategic.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.